Effective Mentoring/Coaching Skills
At the end of this programme the delegates will be able to apply internationally recognized mentoring / coaching practices and guidelines within an organization.
At the end of this programme, the delegates will be able to:
- Understand the differences between coaching, mentoring, therapy and training
- Understand the benefits of coaching / mentoring to the mentor and mentee
- Understand the rights and responsibilities of mentoring parties
- Understand and implement coaching and mentoring processes and approaches
- Be able to match mentors/coaches with mentees/coaches
- Understand social styles and the effect of emotional intelligence on business effectiveness
- Understand the involvement of other parties in the coaching process
- Understand and use effective listening and questioning techniques in the mentoring/coaching relationship
- Demonstrate an understanding of the three conversations in mentoring/coaching
- Determine the focus of the mentoring/coaching relationships
- Discuss, understand and implement coaching/mentoring relationships in 6 simple steps
- Understand and use mentoring/coaching agreements and codes of conduct
- Use effective self-assessment and mentee performance feedback tools
COSTS AND DURATION:
The duration of the course is 4 to 6 hours and will be held for a maximum of 15 to 20 delegates at a cost of R20 000,00.
There is an existing manual available. However should the organization require the development of a customized manual, there will be an additional cost of R6 000, 00.